Today’s Government announcement that we are to go into Tier 4 from midnight tonight sadly means we have to delay our plans once again for returning to the pool. The planned 10th January return for the main pool will now not happen, the small pool return was being discussed with March under consideration, this is now unlikely but it will be reviewed when the tier level changes, along with the main pool return.
As parents we know you will have enough to consider and do around schooling etc. but can we please ask that any payment arrangements you have put in place following receipt of our recent letters and forms, be cancelled. When we can return to the pool, we will let you know the revised plans and ask for payment arrangements to be reinstated etc.
This is not how we wanted to start 2021 but sadly it is not surprise given the recent Covid figures.
Please follow all the guidelines and stay safe and healthy.
2020 has been difficult for everyone, and for organisations such as ours reliant not only on the availability of hired facilities but also on our volunteers who have had to take on board the specialist workload associated with the difficult Government and Swim England Covid measures, it has been, and continues to be, a challenge.
Sadly, when we came out of Lockdown 1 we were not allowed access to the small pool, and being in Tier 3 at the moment, we feel we are unable to bring back the small pool sessions because of the restrictions that are placed on us by the Leisure Centre – numbers in the water and teaching from the side, the number of teachers available to take sessions, along with the detailed risk assessments needed and the Covid measures we would need to put in place.
I would like to assure you that regardless of what tier we are in, over the next few weeks we are going to work hard to get into a position to return the small pool as soon as we can in 2021, possibly March.
Thank you to those who have sent positive messages to us and thank you to all our small pool families for your patience, fingers crossed, it will not be long before we are back together.
Stay safe and have a Happy Christmas and New Year
Hi Everyone, hope you are keeping safe and well.
We are putting plans in place to return to the pool in January – our target is from Sunday 10th subject to no negative change in the Government guidelines before then.
Letters are being sent out next week to provide more information on session times and payment details.
Can we please ask that you read these and then return the forms requested in the envelope provided and to then also ensure you set up the necessary bank payments as noted in the letter.
As before, I am sorry, but without payments having been made we cannot allow you into the pool.
Stay safe and have a Happy Christmas and New Year
Lockdown is back and the Government rules/guidelines are have closed pools and I am sorry to say, we have had to close in line with Government instructions.
With the current length of lockdown, the time needed to get the pool up and running again, and the Christmas closure that the club would normally take, it will be January before we return if allowed.
Can we ask you to stop your December payments and any November payment still outstanding please – we will hold the money for those who have already kindly paid their November fees, using it for the first month when we return.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who returned to swimming with us, who worked with us and the Covid measures we put in place for everyone’s safety, making it possible for us to have some level of swimming. We feel we did things as best as we could but also acknowledge that one or two things could possibly be done differently when we return in 2021. We must also say ‘sorry’ to our small pool swimmers, unfortunately the Leisure Centre’s restrictions meant that we were unable to offer you a return to swimming, something I know many of you were keen to do – if we could have done it we would have!
The club is 10 years old in January and we want to return big and strong but we need the support of parents and others to do so, we need people to join our Management Team and the poolside team as teachers and coaches. We are all volunteers at the club and like everyone Covid has affected us, in some cases more severe than others, with colleagues shielding vulnerable family members and several self-isolating due to track & trace. The pandemic has changed all our lives and along with the issues that occur in normal life some of the team have not been able to return to the club and others feel they will have to step down in the New Year. Please helps us secure a future for the club and become involved.
If you have any questions or feel you can become involved and join us, please email via the Contacts page.
Please stay safe and healthy
Chair – GDSC
We have been advised this evening that two members have received a positive test result for Covid 19 over the weekend.
As per our Covid procedures, those directly affected are being contacted and advised to self-isolate in line with Government guidelines.
As a result of this situation, for the safety of everyone, I have taken the decision to close the club as of now for this week – no swimming tonight (Monday), Tuesday or Wednesday.
We will publish more information on the club closure due to the imposed lockdown over the next day or so.
Just a quick post to confirm that we are continuing to swim up to the lockdown – Wednesday will be our last session.
We will put more information out on Facebook and the website later in the week
Thanks GDSC Management Team